Sunday, September 11, 2011

Products I use

I'm not sure about the other towns/states, but where I live, there's no specialty store that sells orthodontic items. I can find regular wax at some grocery stores, but never other things like toothbrushes. I find that perplexing. However, in this post I'll make the list of items that I use ever since I have my braces. I buy most of these online because I can't find them at the stores.

First, this is the floss that I'm using. You can find this at most grocery stores out there. It's very easy to use. It has a stiff end that makes it easier for you to control during flossing. I also love the soft spongy floss that's thick enough for wide gaps.

Next is silicone wax. The one that I use is called OrthoSil. Your teeth/braces needs to be dry and you also need to use dry fingers to apply this wax onto the affected area. It gets tricky sometimes, but I find them stay put better than regular wax. I always buy Orthosil from dentakit.com
Last but not least, this is the toothbrush that I use. Its brand is GUM. The V-cut bristles are soft and I love holding on the thick rubber grip while brushing my teeth. Most orthodontic toothbrushes out there that I find normally have really thin 'body' and without rubber grip or anything causing it a little uncomfortable to hold and have bigger chance of slipping off my palm - I had to take a good grip with any other toothbrushes. Again, I always buy the GUM orthodontic toothbrushes from their websites. I also have the travel size toothbrush with the same brand name.

Having said that, the first time I got my braces on.. my orthodontist gave me this set of orthodontic items that I would need and it included a Plak Smacker toothbrushes which I like to. But you can only buy Plak Smacker's products in large quantity (min 144 pieces), and I highly doubt I will ever use up all 144 by myself. I suppose I can always buy them, take what I need, and resell them on eBay or something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;