Friday, September 30, 2011

Rubber band

Went in for my orthodontic appointment again a few weeks ago. I got my teeth cleaning done too. I got a different hygienist today because my regular hygienist was not available. There was no probing though but as usual the cleaning session wasn't that pleasant :( But at the end, the hygienist told me that my teeth are healthy.. and the titled wisdom tooth on my lower left side was far straightened up. And that was when I learned that the wire was attached to that tooth also! I didn't know that, I thought we were going to leave that tooth alone and would be straightened up later on when I got an implant that would help fix the position of the tooth. I asked if the gap on my lower right side was closing because I felt the progress was very slow. She (the assistant) told me that it did because there was poking wire that indicated there was movement. But I think she consulted with my orthodontist and he suggested rubber band. So today I had the rubber band to help close the gap. She asked me to hold a mirror while she showed me how to put the rubber band and on which teeth. During the first week it was very painful. I couldn't stand it, all I wanted to do was to take out the elastic and not wear them at all. My teeth and gum were also sore. I didn't feel like talking. It took at least one week before I got used to it. I was told that I need to wear this elastic all the time, I can take it out for brushing my teeth and eating, but need to put it back on afterwards. And also I need to change to a new elastic 2-3 times a day. She gave me a bag full of rubber bands, contains 100 of them! And this time I was prepared to tell her I wanted to try soft pink color, but she already put on the pearl white before I got the chance to tell her that. So maybe next time.
rubber band will help move the teeth to close the gap

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;